Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A night in the city








































































































My friend's family is visiting this week from Oklahoma and they invited me to meet them in the city tonight for dinner. After work I took the subway to Downtown Crossing. I did a bit of shopping (I needed a new umbrella and the Eddie Bauer Outlet sells one of the smallest ones I've seen). It was fun to walk through the city. I hadn't been to downtown Boston in a few months. There was a preacher screaming about salvation on the street. I was shocked to see the demolished Filene's. I enjoyed walking along the Rose Kennedy Greenway (where the highway used to be--pre-Big Dig). I meandered through the North End and took photos which was fun. We met up at LaFamiglia and had a delicious dinner (I had angel hair pasta with alfredo sauce) and then stopped at Mike's Pastry for dessert (I got a chocolate eclair). We walked a few blocks in the rain to the parking garage and even though it was chilly (and I didn't use my new umbrella), it was fun to be in the big city.

8 comments:

Swoopref said...

A chocolate eclair? Don`t you mean just eclair? You may know ice cream...

Unknown said...

A GREAT night...
Mike's Pastry shop is the best.
I love the pictures.

Anonymous said...

you need to delete the spaces between your pictures and your words.....it's so annoying

the roman gardener said...

Hey anonymous, just roll with the scroll. Peace out.

el, i had another R.G. dream. crazy man!

Anonymous said...

Hey roman gardener.....

DUH! but i'm telling EP that she can get rid of them...

Just highlight the space between and hit delete....EASY!

Mandy said...

Mmmmm . . . Mikes . . . Florentine Cannolli . . .

Trueman twins said...

I love Boston and so do the kids! We always hit north end for a cannoli at Mike's pasty. I saw your picture of Modern pastry I heard just recently that their cannoli are even better. Next time...

Unknown said...

What a great night! Thanks for meeting up with us.

You were a BIG HIT wiht the gang.