Wednesday, May 20, 2009

craft-E

I recently saw these nifty clipboards on martawrite's blog and decided I wanted to make some. I was telling everyone about my latest craft project using modge podge. Duh. Then I had the following email exchange with my friend:

Me: I looked at the bottle of stuff tonight and I've been calling it MODGE PODGE but it's called MOD PODGE.



















Angi: I know, I kept trying to discreetly repeat "mod podge" after you said "modge" but I didn't want to sound like a know-it-all.

Me: Thanks for nothing. I've sounded like a moron for a week. If I have spinach between my two front teeth will you PLEASE tell me?!?


































Last night some crafty friends and I went to The Coolest Joanns in Saugus. Seriously, it makes the one I usually go to look, well, pathetic. After that we got our craft on and each did a MOD podge project (clipboards and letters).

14 comments:

Kim said...

If it makes you feel any better I say modge podge too. But I don't think that I've said it or used it since the '70's. Seriously, do they still sell that stuff???

Smilin' sunshine said...

I love those! A friend of mine in Utah did those for the YW for camp and I loved them. I need to make them myself. Just as a side note, I thought the stuff was called Modge Podge too!

Unknown said...

I was on the MODGE bandwagon too.
You are the craft Goddess.

gigi said...

Those are really cute, Ellen.

Melanie said...

I need to get one of those for Commencement!

marta said...

darling. they turned out so cute. that orange + grey paper is a favorite design. way to rock the mod podge.

SD and EJ said...

I noticed the same thing a couple weeks ago. But every craft blog I look at says modge podge. So you are not the only one!

Julie said...

LOL there's one of those pet peeve words for me!!! I'm like your e-mail friend and try to repeat it the correct way to people to see if they will catch on...doesn't usually happen!!

(oh and Ellen...your zipper is down!)

LL said...

guess what. I just left a comment and it didn't go through...I'm offended :)
I WAS SAYING that a friend of mine suggested I MOD podge the a white (dirty) step stool. You've totally inspired me. Very cute!!!

Stefani said...

I swear until I tried looking all over JoAnns for modge podge I didn't know I'd been saying it wrong .... I'm a victim!! My mom taught me, I claim ignorance!!! :)

B Flat Major said...

Mod is short for modern. If you say Mod Podge it sounds like you are describing a Modern Podge. And let's face it, the word Podge sounds anything *but* modern. They should just change the name and eliminate all Elitist Craft Semantics. :-)

Unknown said...

I've been calling it modge podge for years....it just sounds better.


Right??

Janika said...

I agree with Jen, Modge Podge does sound better. Mod Podge is irritating and really dorky sounding. I don't think they care how we pronounce it, just so we buy it! Love those clipboards! And that Joann's is something else, isn't it?!!

Blue said...

i'm so going to make some of these. great idea! thanks.