Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Sister Patton

When people ask me if I served a mission when I was younger, I always say "no" and then right after that add that I wish I had but I don't lay awake at night regretting it. That is until the last few months. I have really felt like I should serve a mission. I've been inspired by my nephew's weekly emails and reading about how his life has been blessed by sacrificing and serving the Lord. I have friends that are in a high-profile mission (Oakland) that needs someone in the office with mad skills (like me). They have asked me a few times to consider serving in their mission and I never felt like it was the right time until a few months ago when I did some serious pondering and praying about it and got my answer. Now is the time. I was able to rent my condo for a year to a good friend and I can take a leave from my job (I'll tell you that amazing story later). I will definitely miss my life in Boston and all my friends but it will only be for a year and I feel like now is the time; I'm healthy, energetic, and I have the money to do it. I will enter the MTC in April. Fools.

27 comments:

Swoopref said...

<---- knew all along but still loved it.

allegra said...

you had me. ah, that was tricky. and here i was all angry you didn't mention that at lunch today:) hey, i'm just glad you showed up at lunch at all. you could have stood me up and blamed the holiday for it...
you would make a good missionary though.

rebecca said...

man, you're much better at April Fools than I am! I have to agree though, you'd make a great missionary.

Unknown said...

you had me until you rented out your condo... I said 'that can't be true!' But I'm still a fool
:)

Alecia Williams said...

QP! Thanks for the smile. You are fun. I was thinking about you today and wondering how you are. Sorry we played phone tag. Let's catch up soon. Happy April Fools. Stay the QP that you are.

Elisabeth said...

I'm not fooled this year!!

KJ said...

SO. NOT. FOOLED. Sister, that's WHACK-A-DOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jksfam said...

Stinker!!! I was fooled... UGH!!!

laree ulynn said...

haha, both my mom and i totally believed you on that one!
happy april fools!!
-laree

my mom says: that's not a bad idea!

we love sister patton!

Natalie said...

Totally got me! I am such a sucker.

Leslie said...

You had me... I didn't buy the boyfriend thing last year, but you got me this year.

B Flat Major said...

Yeah. I bet you're Barack Obama's fourth cousin on Facebook too.

Sorry, EP, you didn't have me for a second.

Janae said...

Seriously, ellen - you got me again.

balmforth.family said...

That was good. You could have had me going but I'm still so scared from the Mr. Fools, I can't fall for it twice! I don't know that we'll ever have trust in our friendship again!!! :-)

Melanie said...

Thank you, Ellen, I nearly had a heart attack.

Sweetpea said...

Oh man, you had me going.

Angi said...

you had me for a second there.

Julie said...

oh you had me going & I was so excited because that isn't too far away from me!

Melanie said...

For the second year in a row, you got me! :)

Chelsi Ritter said...

okay, i was thinking the other day that you were probably going to try and pull another april fools, and yet here i go reading your post and totally fell for it! kudos.

Ani said...

nice!!!

Alecia said...

Dude! You had me. You had me!! Every friggin' year you get me. Ugh.

Amy D said...

You're so awesome. Your April Fool's jokes are the BEST!

Andrae said...

I thought about you on Wednesday and wondered what little dandy you had up your sleeve :) I was not dissappointed...even a few days later :)

Janika said...

You didn't fool me, but hey, not a bad idea! Sounds fun. Missions really are the best.

Unknown said...

This year I didn't fall for it! ha!

The Drama Queen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.