Thursday, April 30, 2009

Did I hear that right?

Bluebell went to the shop two weeks ago to get an oil change, a new front left light, and to fix the noise in the front which I figured was an axel (I was right). Three hundred and twenty dollars later they gave her back to me and said the gas tank was "rotted" and may be four hundred or so dollars to repair and they wouldn't really know until they got in there (they sound like doctors!) AND I shouldn't wait too long to get it fixed. I mentioned the rotting gas tank to my brother and he said they replaced a tank once and it was twelve hundred dollars. I almost choked. I took Bluebell in yesterday morning and it did take the two days they anticipated to repair it. When I called at 5:00pm tonight they said my car was done and I asked how much it was. I thought he said "eight hundred and eighty three" (a happy medium between four hundred and twelve hundred, right?!) and when I asked him again he said, "eighty three dollars".

I'm the happiest gal on the block and I love my Bluebell. I really do want to drive her until she stops.

12 comments:

Elisabeth said...

That is sweet, and a tithing blessing if I've ever heard one!

Cami said...

Now that is a pleasant surprise. Here's to a long life for Bluebell.

Karen said...

Trust me $83 is a BLESSING with a capital B!

Camille said...

What? You know that usually happens the exact opposite way right? You hear 83 and its actually 883. Lucky girl.

Unknown said...

Long Live BLUEBELL!!

Smilin' sunshine said...

Keep on keepin on Bluebell.

Julie said...

I think he likes you!

Leslie said...

Serous? That happened on our Caravan and it would have cot more than the think was worth... which was $500. That is why we drive Hondas. AND you have a wonderful mechanic.

Unknown said...

I was afraid that story was going to end with you having to buy a new car!

Glad to hear B is back on the roads.

Melanie said...

OMG, that is AWESOME!!!

Janalee said...

hal-e-lu-jah!

Wendster said...

wow~! Amazing!

You are one lucky woman!

Congrats to your Dr. pal and love the flower photos.