Saturday, February 28, 2009

Wright's Chicken Farm

A few years ago my friend Erin told me about a chicken dinner restaurant in Rhode Island. It's been stored away in the "Places yet to experience in New England" part of my brain. Today I had the itch to get out of the state (which is convenient since there are six states close by) so I invited a friend and we drove to Harrisville, Rhode Island to have lunch at Wright's Farm Restaurant.









For $10.95 you get all-you-can-eat salad, rolls, french fries, pasta with red sauce and chicken (steak is $19.95). Simple and delicious. And the best people watching ever. It almost seemed like we had traveled to the mid-west, and back in time about 25 years (there are a few pockets in New England like that).









































I asked our waitress Sandie a few questions about the place. It seats 1,800. They have a banquet room (I'm not making an announcement but it might be perfect for a wedding reception). And she said there can be a 2 hour wait and suggested the best times to show up.

It was definitely a winner winner chicken dinner.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So... what are the best times to show up?

Unknown said...

Next time you have a hankerin' to try some new eating establishment out of state, I have an excellent suggestion! One on MY list is called Pickity Place, in Mason NH. Never been there, but I've been wanting to go for YEARS! Call me and I'm IN!

Smilin' sunshine said...

I love that place. I have only been there once, but it was delicious!

balmforth.family said...

I here that's a happenin place. Glad you got to expereince it, that's still in my someday category!

Camille said...

looks delicious!!

Christy said...

Oh man, I have heard of that place for years. It's not too far from us but I've never been, but dying to. Glad to get another good review.

Alicia said...

The people watching was even better than the food!

Unknown said...

Sounds good!