Thursday, February 12, 2009

My morning commute on the red line

I decide I'll be a good citizen and take public transportation today (who knew that would be my first mistake?!). We get going and between station 1 and 2 I hear, "This train is going out of service. This train is going out of service. No passengers. No passengers. This train is going out of service. No passengers. This train is going out of service. No passengers. No passengers. No passengers. This train is going out of service. No passengers." We get your drift. The train stops. We all get off the train. We wait. We wait. We wait. Fifteen minutes pass. The broken trains leaves.  We wait.  We wait. A very crowded train approaches. A few people crowd on. Finally the door shuts and the train leaves. Another very crowded train approaches. I shove my way onto the train.  My morning commute continues. I am 30 minutes late to work (and quite annoyed at the MBTA).

My car is going into service and I'm driving to work tomorrow.  

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Was that the Red line? I had serious problems this morning too!

Jim and Lisa said...

Ah, yes. The joys of commuting. I know it all too well. I hate when they unload a train.

Katie said...

I feel your pain! I was on one of the trains that came behind the broken one; it sat at Alewife for 20 minutes without moving. I was WAY late for work as well.

Anonymous said...

At least you didn't throw up on the crowded red line.

See how it could have been much, much worse?!

amy said...

Ahh, public transportation - nothin' quite like it.

Anonymous said...

You should go to MBTA.com and file a complaint. In about 6 -8 weeks, you'll get a CharlieTicket for $4. Not much, but they do recognize the hassle and will compensate. I was pleasantly surprised to find a letter from them from with a ticket the other week for my trouble (an extra 45 min) at the end of last year.

Unknown said...

Ew yes! Throwing up (or being thrown-up ON...) could have made it WAY worse. Living 'green' can be painful.

Swoopref said...

We are all trying...

(The T are people too!)