Sunday, July 16, 2006

Sailing...takes me away...





My friends the Truscotts are living in Bristol, Rhode Island for part of the summer. Tadd is working on the naval base doing some ocean engineering-ish work. I drove down last night to visit them and we went sailing today in Newport. Tadd can rent a sailboat for $10/hour. It was really fun. I didn't really sail the boat, per se, but enjoyed the sailing experience and taking lots of pictures. We went to a few fabric stores (I'm gathering red reproduction fabric for my next quilt) and I tried Del's frozen lemonade for the first time http://www.dels.com/. It was a great Rhode Island day.

Truscotts L to R: Zoe (nice big sister), Gus (video game addict), Tadd (MIT Ph.D. candidate), Julie (the RSP), and Screamin' Sam.

1 comment:

Tadd said...

Ellen you make everyday great! Thanks for visiting us we had a great time.