Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th of July!

I'm always spouting off that Boston is the best place in America to be on the 4th of July but I must admit, it was pretty exciting back in Van Nuys, California. We always flew our flag with pride on Rubio Avenue (1966).

That's John, me, and Robert wearing red, white, and blue in the school parade (1965). We made hats and decorated our bikes with streamers. Robert was riding MY big tricycle. He probably got first choice from the family fleet since he was the oldest so I got stuck riding the scooter (in my fancy dress). I still remember that day.

I'm going downtown early today to save space along the Charles River for friends that will join me for the Boston Pops concert and fireworks! It's always an amazing show!! Wherever you are, make it the best place to spend the 4th of July!!!

No comments: