Saturday, July 29, 2006

Red is my favorite color

I went antiquing with my friend Jennifer today out Route 2 (to Templeton and Princeton, Mass.). I found these red rain boots and couldn't pass them up. Now I have toys, a tricycle, booster seat, and red rain boots for kids to use when they visit me!

We went to three antique stores, one quilt shop, and had a late lunch at Dairy Joy in Weston. They have the best creamsicle soft serve ice cream and hot dogs!

Jennifer moved to Boston recently from Oklahoma and she loves it here. It was fun to spend the day with someone who has embraced New England!

2 comments:

The Amazing Trips said...

Hi Ellen - I think your room with a fresh coat of paint looks lovely & I really love the picture of the red boots with flowers. There are such great antique shops in MA - I wish we had them in CA like they do "back east." There are a lot of things I really miss from New England!! (BTW: I think red might be my favorite color, too. It's so vibrant.)

I tried responding to a comment you had made on my blog re: our dog Monty and because it was bounced back ... I thought I'd post it here.

***
One of my sisters sent Marley & Me as a gift for my birthday in April. It was a great book. I could see a lot of Monty in Marley - but our Monty wasn’t quite as mischievous. I knew when I was reading that book - one day, probably soon - we’d have to face saying goodbye to Monty, I just didn't realize it would be so soon. Like John Grogan wrote in his book – he had hoped that when the time had come, Marley would give him a sign.

I just knew when it was time to put Monty down, he gave ME a sign. There was no question in my mind when I saw him that day. To prolong his life would have been selfish for me – and unfair for him. We really do miss him, though. His ashes are in our bedroom ... to date, we haven’t been able to part with them.

Maybe one day soon, we will be able to give our “final” goodbye ... But not yet.

Thanks for your note. Be well. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Ellen!

I had a blast on Sat. Dave loved my $12 scale and my step stool is sitting in our Hallway.

Can't wait to hit up Maine!

Jenn