Monday, July 10, 2006

Camping

The annual Arlington Ward Campout was this weekend. It was GREAT! Probably one of my most favorite campouts ever. Perfect weather (no rain--imagine that?!), fun people (134 in total), and just a great time at a wonderful place (Camp Joseph in Sharon, Vermont). I bought a new tent this year. I had a small 3-person tent but wanted something taller and wider. I bought a Swiss Gear tent and I was nicely situated. I'm glad I bought instead of borrowed.

When I was a teenager I was in charge of gathering camping equipment for a youth camping trip to the beach. I called a man in our congregation, who had three children in the youth program, and asked if we could borrow their tent. His reply was, "Asking to borrow my tent is like asking to borrow my toothbrush."

Not really.

I will post some Campout pictures later...

No comments: