Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Lemon curd

I made lemon curd for the first time tonight using this recipe.  That little bottle is for me and the big bottle will go with a homemade angel food cake tomorrow night to the Relief Society birthday dinner (we're having a cake contest).  You can eat it with dessert, on toast, or anything.  It's so delicious.  I think I might be making this on a regular basis.  And, angel food cakes call for 12 egg whites and lemon curd calls for 8 egg yolks so that's a pretty good match up.

7 comments:

amydear said...

I just made homemade lemon curd a week or so ago! Yum. Going to have it with abelskievers this weekend.

Gina at Vintage Junk in My Trunk said...

Lemon curd is one of my favorite things, although I've never made it. Now I want all those citrus curds!

cay said...

Thanks for reminding me! I'm having it with Dutch pancakes for Sunday brunch. Mmmmm.

Tiffany said...

I'm always looking for ways to use my egg yolks when I make an angel food cake. I'm excited to try this recipe.

EmilyCC said...

I was just thinking this week that because of that very egg white to egg yolk ratio that lemon curd and angel food cake are meant to be enjoyed together.

Via Los Angeles said...

Just found your blog and this lemon curd recipe looks so delish. I found it through your comment on Cup of Jo. If you love LA, you might like Via Los Angeles. It's "Your Little Black Book to the City of Angels."

http://www.vialosangeles.com

I'll be checking back here!
xoxo

Melanie said...

You should serve it with tea and scones!! Looks delecious!!