Thursday, March 22, 2012

Emmett's Zoo

My friend Katy's little 17-month old boy Emmett was diagnosed with cancer recently.  As soon as I heard the news I bought this pattern and made him this elephant.  Emmett had surgery in New Mexico where they live and they have decided to have additional treatment in Boston. They are waiting to get results from more surgery this week so the treatment plan is on hold right now.  They have started a blog:  The Adventures of Little Muncher and His Lion.

Katy is one of "my young women".  If my memory and calculations are correct, she became a Beehive when I was the Young Women president.  Katy is gold.  She's all-around wonderful.  It was so nice to see her last night.  Emmett has a lion (that his aunt Carrie made for him) that he loves so now he has his own Zoo.

4 comments:

cay said...

So that's the worst news of the day and made me cry. Hugs to your friend Amy.

Chelsi Ritter said...

oh my goodness ellen i had to read that first line twice. i can't even imagine what news like that would sound like! i love your elephant; very cute, and i will remember amy and her family in my prayers!

allegra said...

oh my gosh, how sad!! I'm so sorry. That is awful. I'm sure the darling elephant will brighten up his days.

Renee said...

i wish i had a pattern for a giraffe or a penguin to add to it!! emmett is the cutest!