Saturday, November 05, 2011

Open until midnight!








In the summer of 2003 I went to visit friends in Rochester (I crashed the Jensen Family Reunion). While I was there they said, "You HAVE to go to Wegmans!" Wegmans? I asked what it was and they said, "a grocery store." So they showed me Wegmans and it was this very cool big grocery store. Now there is a Wegmans in the Boston area (it opened October 16th in Northboro)! I looked at their website yesterday and called and excitedly said, "Are you really open until midnight?!?" I went late last night with my friend Ally (and ran into another friend that I haven't seen in a few months). The store is really cool. I've never seen so much cheese in one place. They have a great collection of candy (my first time finding Dutch mints in New England!). They have lots of prepared foods. They sell everything! They have 31 registers! And seriously, the best feature--they are open until midnight!

7 comments:

gigi said...

That sounds like a fun place to shop. Great pictures!

allyeb5 said...

Lets do it again soon!

LL said...

I have yet to go....I need to give it a try!

Trueman twins said...

I went a week or so ago and was amazed and overwhelmed! So many choices of everything! Can't wait to go again!

AVail said...

I still remember my first Wegman's experience. Corning, NY, June 1995.

Unknown said...

I've never been to a Wegmans. Maybe I'll have to find an excuse. The major question is: Do they have the car shopping carts to entertain my kid?

Sweeney Household said...

It reminds me of "Made at Midnight" bakery. Not sure if they are still in business...