Monday, October 10, 2011

Fall is in the air...

...we're not quite at peak for Fall foliage...but apple crisp is in season.













Try this recipe. It's life changing:

APPLE CRISP
Mix the following ingredients together and pour into ungreased 9x13 inch pan:
8 cups peeled and sliced apples
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 T flour
1/2 cup milk
1 cup water

Mix these topping ingredients together and crumble on apple mixture:
1 1/3 cups flour
1 cup oats
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup butter/margarine, melted
1 t salt
2 t cinnamon
2 packages dry Butterscotch Pudding (not instant)

Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown and bubbly, approximately 45-50 minutes.

Happy Fall, ya'll.

7 comments:

Shauna said...

Ohhhh the Butterscotch pudding in the topping sounds wonderful! This week, I will make this!

anna said...

it is Canadian Thanksgiving today. My turkey is in the oven, my pumpkin pies are cooling, I made creamed corn, sweet potatoes and cranberry sauce already - so it feels very much like fall to me! Hooray for being married to a Canadian so I get Thanksgiving twice.

I am going to have to make that apple crisp very soon. Yum,

Carolyn said...

this one is adam's favorite! thanks for all the good recipes.

Val said...

Nothing better on a Fall day than Apple Crisp!

Melanie said...

I already made your recipe once this fall and will be making again and again and again.

Christy Parry said...

Thank you! I've been wanting a good one of these.

Natasha and Jesse said...

I only need to get some apples and my husband and I will be making this! It sounds delicious.