Saturday, October 08, 2011

Apple picking



































































I go apple picking every year. Once someone asked why I went. Um, HELLO, this is New England. You go apple picking. For years I took my people to Wade Orchard in the town of Harvard. It was quaint and the Wade family was so nice. One year I found out that Mr. Wade had graduated from Utah State! After Mr. Wade died his family stopped having apple picking so I branched out and tried some other orchards. Now I go to a different orchard every year. Last year it was Red Apple Farm. I went two Saturdays in a row (for the delicious BBQ lunch). Today I went to Tougas Farm. It's a big place (and there were hundreds of people there today) and they have a good selection of apples. And, some farm animals, a store with baked goods, ice cream, apple butter, etc., and a playground. I shared a half bushel of apples with friends and we had a fun time. Oh, and it was 78 degrees!

2 comments:

Wayne M said...

You should have told us you'd be out there. Mike B and I were just up the road mountain biking and could have stopped by. Sounds like you had a good time.

Katya said...

Apple picking sounds like so much fun! I've been dying to go so I can make apple pie or apple cobbler.