Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Best apple crisp recipe -- ever!

APPLE CRISP

Mix the following ingredients together and pour into ungreased 9x13 inch pan:
8 cups peeled and sliced apples
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 T flour
1/2 cup milk
1 cup water

Topping:
1 1/3 cups flour
1 cup oats
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup butter, melted
1 t salt
2 t cinnamon
2 packages dry Butterscotch pudding (not instant)

Mix topping ingredients together and crumble on top of apple mixture. Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown, approximately 45-50 minutes.

Top with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Enjoy!

9 comments:

Alecia Williams said...

Thanks Ellen! I can't wait to try this. Thank you for sharing. Wish you were here to share it with me.

LL said...

AMEN and AMEN. I will never use a different recipe. I have had SUCH success with this one.
So glad you're willing to share!

Camille said...

i agree!! i remember when you stopped by one time and brought the butterscotch pudding and recipe. i made it soon after and fell in love!!!!

Mrs. said...

Can't wait to try it! And to answer your question, no I don't have to wear it everyday. I just love my argyle. :) Have fun in Boston! Can't wait to get my tour of Boston from you one day.

Chelsi Ritter said...

ellen i will definitely be trying this. i love love crisps, and the butterscotch sealed the deal

Miranda said...

I cannot get enough of baking with apples lately. Seriously, you should see the stack of recipes on my counter. I'm so excited to try this one!

balmforth.family said...

I just made this last night for our YW recognition night! It really is the BEST apple crisp recipe ever. I wouldn't expect anything less coming from you! Thank you for my birthday card. It made my day, and still does every time I see it!

Swoopref said...

How much for one batch delivered?

Blue said...

Hi EP! I just took my pan out of the oven. The house smells amazing and I'm about to dig in. Thanks!!! ♥

PS: My Word Verification for this comment is JUDOGYM
is Google trying to tell me something?!