Saturday, August 05, 2006

The perfect summer day
















My day started with a photo shoot of my neighborly neighbors, then a pedicure, a few errands, a visit to Small Farm, then Dairy Joy for soft serve creamsicle ice cream, a few more errands and home.

I read about Small Farm in the Boston Globe this week(http://www.boston.com/yourlife/home/articles/2006/08/03/flower_power/) and decided to make a visit. I was going to try to find someone to go with me but went alone. They sell home grown veggies (corn is their biggest seller) and have fields of beautiful flowers. If you give them $5 they give you a quart yogurt container and scissors and you can fill the container with as many flowers as you can! It is one of the best and beautiful bargains in Boston!! I drove home through Stow, Acton, Concord, Lincoln--are all quaint New England towns--with my windows down; it was sunny and in the 70's. I passed lots of farm stands, barns, fields and trees. I had fresh tomatoes with salt and pepper for dinner.

Today was one of my favorite summer days!

No comments: