Tuesday, August 29, 2006

FIRED-UP FIREY REDHEAD

Sparing the boring details, I had a run-in with Verizon today. My phone has had an annoying buzz on it for months and I finally got fed up and called the service department last week. They told me that it would be fixed by tomorrow. Sounded good to me. Yesterday I got an automated voice mail message that they would be out to repair the phone tomorrow and an adult needed to be here (that's me). I called last night and they let me pick the four hour window that was best for my schedule. I chose 10:00am - 2:00pm. I ran an errand this morning and got home at 10:20am. I called Verizon immediately to be sure I hadn't missed the repairman and was assured that I hadn't. Whew! I puttered around until 2:00pm and was perplexed that they hadn't shown up. At 2:00pm I called Verizon and was told that a repairman was not on his way to my place and that I wouldn't need to be home for them to repair my phone. My blood pressure soared. I was livid and I let Ms. Customer Service know that. I also I told her that I didn't feel like I should have to pay for the repair. I took time off work for nothing. Don't they put information in the computer? How did this information not get conveyed to me? You would think a communications company could communicate with their customers. I'd switch to MCI today but they screwed up my phone service when I bought my condo. I've already drafted a letter to the president of Verizon Communications that I will slip in the mailbox tomorrow.

Watch out. I'm a fired-up firey redhead!!!

1 comment:

Kal said...

Duck!