Saturday, August 19, 2006

One day in Maine

My friends and I had a fun day in the great state of Maine! We saw the Bush family compound in Kennebunkport, did some antiquing, I bought some red reproduction fabric for my next quilt, we had lunch (at 3:00pm), went to Goldenrod candy shop in York Beach and bought taffy (I finished mine off before crossing the state line), saw Nubble Light, went to a few outlets in Kittery, and drove home. It was a fun-filled day. My friends that had never been to Maine loved it! It was fun to show them some of my favorite spots in one of my favorite states. I bought a really neat old kids' school desk (for $19!!). I think I might paint it red...






Note: The lighthouse is Nubble Light. That is Amy in front of the sign and I have no idea who the beach bum is. Just liked the photo.

4 comments:

Alb said...

Hey Louise,
Remember when we went to Kennebunkport? That was a long time ago. I guess I'm past due for a visit.
Love, Thelma

The Amazing Trips said...

I love Maine. Infact, I love pretty much everything about that state except the mosquitos.

Great pictures!

Swoopref said...

For your blogging enjoyment... http://www.thegoldenrod.com/history.html

-Swoop

Unknown said...

It was a blast! We need to start planning our next road trip!