Sunday, May 19, 2013

25 years!

I arrived in Boston, sight unseen, on May 19, 1988.  I posted about My Big Adventure five years ago.

I left LA and never really looked back (though I've been back a few times--last year after a 20 year hiatus).  I love living in New England.  I've had great jobs, fantastic friends, a full and busy life, and I can honestly say moving here was one of the best decisions of my life.

Instead of writing about all the wonderful things I've done in these 25 years, I'm going to list 25 things that I have yet to do/or visit in New England (some of these are embarrassing...how have I not climbed to the top of the Bunker Hill Monument?).  Here's the list:

I'll start with: walk to the top of the Bunker Hill Monument
Eat at the Top of the Hub
John Adams house
Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art
Canoeing on the Concord River
Sturbridge Village
Maparium
Harvard football game
Glass flowers at the Harvard Museum
Buy a glass pumpkin from the MIT Glass Lab
Cranberry bog
Harbor Islands
Drive to the top of Mt. Washington
Paul Revere House
Tour of Fenway Park
Lilac Sunday at the Arnold Arboretum
Cheers
Duck Tour
Boston Tea Party Museum
Cliff Walk in Newport
Pawtucket Red Sox game
Boston Globe tour
New England Patriots game
Ride all subway lines end-to-end
Peaks Island, Maine mailboat run

I love Boston!!!

5 comments:

aly said...

Our lists overlap quite a bit (Bunker Hill being a notable entry on mine as well), but you need to get yourself to the Maparium right away. I love it! Have you done a tour of the Christian Science Mother Church? That's pretty cool too, and right next door.

Jodi said...

The glass flowers at Harvard are amazing. And Taylor has done the duck tour- so fun! I did one in Seattle and it was a highlight.

Tara said...

I'm glad you are in Boston!

Mia said...

So fun to see! I grew up in Pasadena and have been in Boston for the past 7 (gulp) years. Love it! And if you haven't yet done these two things on our list: Wingaersheek beach; run through the fountains at the Christian Science Plaza...it's great to feel like a kid again!

Unknown said...

Becca and Rachel took Willyne and me to Maparium on our most recent visit to your fair city ... there are no words to describe it, just go. Simply amazing!