Monday, April 01, 2013

My craptastic day

It all started with horrible traffic this morning.  Listen people.  If you can't get through an intersection before the light turns red, then don't even try.  I was in a long line of cars on Memorial Drive and people kept getting stuck in the intersection blocking the two lanes of cars.  At one point two cars got through the light (and 15 cars could have made it through).  Some idiot turned left when it was clearly marked NO LEFT TURN and that delayed us all.

On the way home another idiot cut in front of me (he had a stop sign; I didn't).  People in Boston don't give a rat's rear end about the right of way (I learned to drive in California and that is a very important concept there).

Then I went to visit my friend in Cambridge.  The city of permit parking.  She asked if I wanted to put the visitor pass in my car (what a hassle).  I said getting a ticket would be a great addition to my day.  I was there about 40 minutes.  Long enough to visit my God daughter and have a quick dinner.  I found a $30 parking ticket on my windshield.  Stupid Cambridge.

From there I went to the clean the church.  Us Mormons take turns cleaning our buildings on Saturday mornings and Monday nights (that counts as my FHE).   I found three electrical outlets that didn't work (I've complained before; nobody listens to me).  Once I found a working outlet, I vacuumed the chapel and half the hallway.   I picked up candy wrappers, papers and food (why do people not clean up after themselves?).  I flushed a toilet (who left the big poop in there -- that was a nice touch).  I emptied all the bathroom trash and found a big fat full diaper.  When I picked it up to throw it in the garbage bag I thought I was going to throw up but instead I peed my pants a little.  I wish that was an April Fools joke.

Happy Monday to me.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Mondays have a bad reputation.
You just sealed the deal.
The rest of the week can only get better!

anna said...

That is one lousy day. Sorry. Mondays are pretty lame. Maybe you should watch some Parks and Rec and eat some leftover Easter candy.

Jodi said...

boo, what a day! I definitely don't miss that Boston traffic (just as long as I stay out of LA).

Sarah said...

I'm so sorry about your bad day. My pet peeve is people who make messes at church and don't clean up after themselves AND people who don't take their poppy dipers with them! I do have to say that I think Boston drivers are way better than Cali drivers. Maybe it's the No Ca drivers that suck. But I'd really prefer to drive there than here. Hope your week gets better! xoxo

maggie-t said...

That sounds like pretty much the worst Monday ever. Hopefully today was better for you!

gigi said...

I love cleaning the church but it only makes me want to cuss most of the time! If I could catch the ones making the messes I just might ring their necks or put them in time out in the Bishops office!

allegra said...

ellen! what an awful day!! I'm sorry. I thought Boston drivers were the worst! Every time we would rent a zip car, I'd make Dan drive cause I'd literally almost have a panic attack driving in that city. Not only are people crazy, but roads and directions there make no sense. Good thing I lived right by the T!

So I took the kids to a ferris wheel downtown in Seattle this week. the dude working there was giving his lines about rules, etc. He said "and please moms. no leaving dirty diapers on the ferris wheel.. i know it seems like common sense but it's happened more than i like to admit and i don't like touching other kids' crap." haha!! Seriously moms? Seriously.

Hope you're having better days

Unknown said...

EP you are hilar. You clearly should've been wearing said diaper. Happens to me too often to admit...