Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Happy Birthday, Chuck!

I remember Chuck's 2nd birthday like it was yesterday.  I also remember the day "baby Charlie" came home from the hospital like it was today.  My parents pulled the car into the driveway and I remember running around to the passenger side of the car to get the first look at my new baby brother.  Robert was 6, I was 5, and John was 4 -- we were old enough to be excited and proud to have a baby brother (obviously I don't remember anything when I was 19 months old and John was born and Robert didn't remember squat when he was 13 months old and they brought me home).  For some reason Robert and I argued over which one of us saw Charles first, but I know I got the first look at him.  

My mom wrote this on the back of the photo: Charles Patton's "informal" 2nd birthday celebration - a family outdoor supper!!

Happy Birthday to Chuck!

4 comments:

Wade said...

He's a tiger! Happy Birthday Chuck.

Anonymous said...

Looks like 6610 Rubio!

Unknown said...

Your mom knows how to party!
Happy birthday cp

Carolyn said...

Ellen I love the things you write. You are awesome . . . oh and so is Chuck - Happy Birthday!