Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Relying on technology



































Everyone in my condo building has to replace their windows.  I happen to have one of the "monumental" windows (6' x 16') which is one of the best features of my condo but expensive to replace--and I'm curious how they are even going to do it.  I was scheduled to start the project today and made arrangements with two friends to help me move my furniture (including a piano) across the room.  I pinned my quilt up and swept the floor.  I checked my voice mail numerous times to be sure the installation was still on (because I had a feeling...) and only got the voice mail confirming that they would be here today between 8-9am.  I watched the Today Show until 9:20am and then called to find out where the installation team was.  The woman told me that she had left me a voice mail right after the confirmation message that they were going to have to reschedule.  I had checked my voice mail numerous times and never heard the beep that I had a message.  I hung up from talking to her and immediately checked my voice mail and heard, "You have three messages."  And sure enough the first one was an extremely apologetic message that they would have reschedule my window installation.

I love and hate technology at the same time.

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

I love and hate installation people!

LL said...

I wonder if my ward would care about your window...

Unknown said...

would a scratch ticket help?

janamarriott said...

BEST WINDOW EVER!!!