Friday, November 02, 2012

College memory

I went to college at BYU.  It was about 12 hours from my home in LA so I didn't travel back and forth during the semesters.  In fact, in those 4 years I only went home once for Thanksgiving.  Our grandparents lived in Salt Lake City and I had some other relatives in the greater Provo area so I celebrated those Thanksgivings in Utah.  I think it was during my junior year that one of my friends said she was driving home to LA for the weekend and asked if I wanted to go.  I thought it would be fun to surprise my family.  I think we left Thursday night or Friday morning and planned to return on Sunday.  Of course my family was surprised to see me when I showed up at home.  Then on Saturday my friend called and said she had car trouble and wasn't going to be able to drive back on Sunday.  What?  I had to be back in class Monday morning.  My parents bought me a plane ticket back to Utah and then my surprise trip wasn't such a great surprise.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Did they say "And Merry Christmas, too" when they waved good-bye at the airport?
:)

Sarah said...

That's funny now... I'm sure they weren't laughing then!

LL said...

FUNNY!
I'm with Jenny, Merry Christmas.