Monday, May 21, 2012

Being aunt Ellen

Tonight when I dropped Adrienne off at the airport (after pizza at Santarpio's) she handed me a note she had written today (she took her journal over to the cemetery next to my building).  My favorite parts of the letter are:

Thank you for the exquisite cuisine, the horribly depressing cinema, the fun sewing projects, letting me read and relax, and for enduring "What to Expect When You're Expecting".  I love when I get to see you and I love that you keep my dad's spirit alive in me.

This weekend was different -- she was the only person staying at my house unlike year's past, so we spent the whole 4 days together.

Adrienne's a gem and I love being her aunt.

4 comments:

Mrs. said...

She's a lucky girl to have an Aunt like you. Although I love all my aunts, I wish I could adopt you as an extra one. Cousin Ellen will have to suffice.

Anonymous said...

such a sweet note. clearly she's a great girl with a fabulous aunt.

M & S said...

What a lovely note, you're both blessed to have each other!

life in red shoes said...

Lucky girl :)