Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Helmets


















Every day I see people riding bikes without helmets and I want to yell: WEAR A HELMET!!!

When I was in college, my dad and Chuck were on a bike ride in our neighborhood. My dad hit a rock and fell off his bike and cut his head open over his eye. He ended up with a hundred stitches inside and a hundred stitches outside. You can't even really tell; it looks like he has a wrinkle over his eye (that's a good plastic surgeon). When I told my friend that my dad fell off his bike, she said, "Why wasn't he wearing a helmet?" I said, "He was riding a bicycle" (she thought he had been on a motorcycle).

EP advice for the day: WEAR A HELMET WHEN YOU'RE RIDING YOUR BIKE.

Photo of Adrienne by Robes' college friend Rick Egan

1 comment:

Leslie said...

In our family you have to wear a helmet when skating, biking or roller blading. If you don't -- you can't cry or complain when you get hurt. But Mom can ground you! Then you are really crying!