Wednesday, February 09, 2011

TEXAS SHEET CAKE













Pan size is important; I use a jelly roll pan.

THE CAKE
Bring to a BOIL:
2 sticks butter
4 T cocoa
1 cup water

POUR over:
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 t soda
pinch of salt

ADD:
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 eggs
1 t vanilla

Mix well. Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool.

THE FROSTING
Bring to a RAPID BOIL (it might separate and look scary!):
1 stick butter
4 T cocoa
6 T buttermilk

Then ADD:
3-4 cups powdered sugar
1 t vanilla

Pour over cooled cake. Sprinkle top with nuts if desired.

6 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

yum!

Tiffany said...

Thanks, I'll have to make it soon.

Anonymous said...

When my Finnish grandmother pronounces, "Texas Sheet Cake," her accent turns "sheet" into a not-fit-for-print word. So of course, we have her say it all the more!s

Alecia Williams said...

Yum!! I absolutely love your Texas Sheet Cake. Thanks for sharing.

EmilyCC said...

I wish I had some right now!

andreamatrix said...

I'm pretty sure I just gained 3 pounds on each hip...