Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Friendship - part 1

I met my new friend Megan for lunch today and enjoyed getting to know her better. As I walked across Mass. Ave. and back to work and she walked toward the shuttle she yelled, "I really enjoyed talking to you!" I was flattered.

It reminded me that I've wanted to do a series of "Friendship" posts so I'm starting today.

Making Friends
Back in December while waiting to cross the street during my lunch break, I noticed a young mother with a stroller right next to me. She turned to me and said, "Hi Ellen, you probably don't remember me..." She did look familiar and I quickly realized who she was (friend-of-a-friend and fellow Cambridge Stake member). She said that she gets my Bostonfamilyfun emails and she heard me speak about "Loving Boston Living" at a Stake Women's Conference. We chatted as we crossed the street and then for a few more minutes until we both had to move along since it was cold. I suggested we meet for lunch and we agreed that I would email her after the holidays. Two weeks ago I emailed her and we made arrangements to meet, and after rescheduling once because of a snow storm, today was the day.

Megan is delightful and I really enjoyed getting to know her. I'm not worried about how many things we have in common (that's a topic for another post). We agreed to meet again for lunch. I'm happy to have a new friend.

Click here to see Valentine's Day cards in my Etsy shop.

6 comments:

gigi said...

We can never have enough friends. They just fill in all our cracks.

Unknown said...

gigi: AMEN!

Shauna said...

Can't wait to meet you in person! We are already friends!

Blue said...

I'm in Boston right now, waiting to commute home. But if I don't get home tonight (flight is currently 3 hours delayed and snow is coming...fingers crossed!) I'll call you and see if I can meet you for a visit tomorrow. If I'm stranded, I might as well celebrate it visiting a friend! ♥

Amy D said...

You are a great friend, EP!

Emily said...

Was it Megan Palmer? That'd be awesome. And speaking of lunch...