Thursday, December 02, 2010

Wreathmaking Party






















































Tonight was our Wreathmaking Party. The program was wonderful. My favorite song was "This Christmastide". I'm not going to lie; it made me cry.

Since I'm the RSP I did the welcome: It has been said that as humans we all need 4 things to have a happy and fulfilling life: 1) someone to love; 2) something meaningful to do; 3) something to believe in; and 4) something to hope for. I think this evening of wreathmaking perhaps touches on all four needs. The program is centered on HOPE...and on belief in our Savior Jesus Christ. Making these beautiful wreaths from fresh pine boughs (a 47-year tradition now) is a very meaningful and enjoyable activity for most of us. And certainly there's a lot of love here as we meet together with friends to share this wonderful evening. Welcome everyone and thank you everyone who helped prepare for the party.

That is my friend Erin in the last photo; we worked together in Governor Romney's office and she attends the party every year with a few other former coworkers. She says it's the highlight of her holiday season. Her first year she went into the Temple (not far from our chapel) and asked for Ellen Patton and the wreathmaking party. We always have a good laugh about that!

I was in charge of clean-up and my goal was to lock the building by midnight (we drove away at about 11:30pm). I'm so thankful for everyone that helped, everyone that attended, and for the Christmas spirit this traditional event brings into my life.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

this warms my heart

gigi said...

That is one tradition that I so wish we had down here. I always enjoy your pictures and hearing about your evening.

Unknown said...

Very, very nice! Thanks for doing it, thanks for sharing it here to give the rest of us warm hearts and good ideas!

My word verification below to post this is "foodi", seems appropriate for the season ... :)

Alecia Williams said...

QP!

I love this tradition. Congrats on getting out of there before midnight.

Hope you are well!!

Mandy said...

Jealous.

Camille said...

i'm sad i missed it! we had our branch christmas program last night and while it was good... it's wasn't the wreath-making party!

andreamatrix said...

Next year I am so there!