Friday, November 12, 2010

This is BIG news















There is going to be a new Market B(asket) in town. Right next to the old one (in Burlington). I heard it's going to be the second largest one in the state. How did we get so lucky? I love M.B. but it's always crowded and the aisles are very narrow. One year at Christmas time it was so crowded and crazy they had people line up around the edges of the store and then fed from that line into the check out lines. It was total Christmas craziness. I hear the new store opens on December 5th. I can't wait.

6 comments:

Frozen Cacti said...

Ah...I have fond memories of being run over by very old ladies with their carriages at that particular MB. After a while I started going to the one in Woburn where the aisles are bigger. Good times.

balmforth.family said...

You come to Wegmans, I'll come to M.B. :-)

Amy D said...

Fun fun! I loved Market Basket!

Cami said...

I'm going to miss the old one. I'm going to take a stroll down the aisles one last time to appreciate the log jam at the eggs, the fierce competition for a spot at the deli, and the grain scattered all over the produce floor because there's no room to send in a cleaning crew when the floor gets wet. Good times.

Unknown said...

I LOVE MB.
BUT, your memory of Christmas shopping makes me want to have my two month supply NOW so I don't have to wait in those kinds of lines.

Sweeney Household said...

And whenever there is a sign of a storm, there are similar lines! I am super excited about it too. I was there yesterday, in fact, (at the old one of course) and the parking lot was CRAZY because they were paving it. Glad to know the projected date of the new one opening.