Monday, November 22, 2010

The Judds











I bought Wynonna's Christmas CD the other night and remembered that my brother Chuck had a Judd story. Here's the story:

I was working at a hotel in Amarillo, Texas in the late 80's. I brought them room service and they had photos of themselves up on the nightstand and mother and daughter were in their nightgowns. I was minding my own business in their room setting up the table and the mother asked me if I knew who they were and I said, "I have no clue." Then the daughter asked where I was from and when I replied LA, she said, "That's why you don't know us."

4 comments:

Sister said...

THAT is hilarious.

Wade said...

Or maybe the Chuckster was just clueless back then.
If it wasn't Birmingham football, it wasn't life!

LL said...

FUNNY!!!!

Unknown said...

Agreed ... hilarious!

I'd love to hear the rest of the story. What took him to Amarillo to be working in that hotel in the first place, and should I be looking for his picture on the wall of the Big Texan restaurant just west of town?

(He probably cared more about a fresh, thick cut of beef, and yes, Birmingham football, than any singer, country or otherwise)