Monday, February 08, 2010

Valentine brownies

The R.S. Recipe Swap is at my place tomorrow night so I'm baking some brownies.













I took a chocolate class through the Boston Center for Adult Education about 18 years ago and this was the best recipe I got from the class. Credit goes to June Jacobs who was the teacher.

Valentine Brownies
Makes 24 squares or hearts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate and 3/4 cup unsalted butter in a double boiler over simmering water. Set aside. Meanwhile, mix 3 cups sugar and 6 extra large eggs in a large bowl with a wooden spoon. Add 2 teaspoons vanilla and a pinch of salt. Add the chocolate mixture. Now stir in 1½ cups unbleached flour and 1½ cups chopped walnuts (I never add walnuts; I hate walnuts!). Pour into well greased jelly roll pan. Bake for 25 minutes. Cool and cut out with a heart-shaped cookie cutter.

2 comments:

Becky said...

CUTE heart brownies. What's the update on the little girl at Primary's???

Janssen said...

Walnuts are revolting.