Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The bookcase

Some people have expressed interest in seeing more of my condo so I'll have a little show and tell every now and then.






















I saw a bookcase in a Pottery Barn catalog that I liked and I asked my architect friend if she'd help me make one. I wanted it to hold my big photo albums and my small books and lots of other things. She designed it and we made it (while she was pregnant with her fourth child and serving as the R.S. president). That really meant I paid for the supplies and then watched her make it. She's amazing and talented and generous with her time.

[Funny story -- someone heard that my friend helped me make a bookcase and asked her if she'd help them make a dining room set out of teak. The answer was no.]

3 comments:

Ani said...

very talented friend!!! keep 'em coming!~

Amy D said...

Very cool. I'm assuming that was Michelle. I miss her!

Unknown said...

teak...Ha Ha! That's such a great story!