Saturday, June 30, 2007

Sewing project(s)

I remember once hearing an interview with Katarina Witt after she had won a medal at the Olympics. When she was asked what she had done that day in the Olympic village her reply was, "I bought some dress."

Today I decided to make some dress. I bought some nice fabric and pattern on sale and got to work as soon as I got home from Joann's. The pattern envelope said "1 hour dress". I'm not sure what that meant...it took me about 1 hour to cut it out and then probably 2 hours to do some sewing before trying it on and realizing that it didn't fit. ANNOYING!

Then I moved on to the next project: a pouch. Last week I got this book. I'd been patiently awaiting for it to be published. I've been sewing for years but was intrigued by the title and this woman has one of the coolest craft blogs I've seen so I knew the book would be filled with really cool projects (and it is).

So...tonight I made some pouch. And it fits perfectly.

3 comments:

shellydinger said...

I love Angry Chicken! That fabric is super cute.

Elisabeth said...

Cool pouch! Is the dress fixable?

Wendster said...

Hey! Congratulations on your 400th blog!!! I just got your package the day before yesterday ... I set it on the stairs and now it is in my room somewhere, delivered there by my kids ... as soon as I find it again I am going to OPEN it and enjoy all of those recipes you sent me! Thank you thank you thank you! I love your purse. I'm sure it looks terrific on you. Has there EVER been a picture of you on your blog (as an adult)? One of these times maybe you'll post one.