Thursday, June 14, 2007

Peanut Butter Cup Brownies











I tried a new recipe tonight. I'm not sure why the entire edge burned. I turned the fan on and opened my big window for fear a smoke alarm would go off. At 11:30 at night (not good). When I cut the brownies up, they looked good and tasted good. So, I'll go ahead and share the recipe.

Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
Real Simple Magazine

2 sticks unsalted butter, plus more for the pan
8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
4 large eggs
3 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
8 large peanut butter cups, cut into pieces

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Melt the butter and chocolate in a pan over low heat. Using a mixer, beat the eggs and sugar until pale yellow and fluffy. Lower speed and pour in the melted chocolate and vanilla. Mix in the flour and salt. Fold in the peanut butter cups. Scrape into a buttered 9x13 inch baking dish. Bake until the tip of a knife comes out clean, about 35 minutes.

*I used Pam instead of butter and regular salt which may be why I nearly had a kitchen fire. :)

2 comments:

Wendster said...

an even easier recipe: combine 2 c peanut butter, package of graham crackers crushed, a cube of butter melted, and about a quarter cup of powdered sugar.
Spread it over a cookie sheet with edges.
Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top.
Broil it for a minute.
Smooth out the choc chips.
cut in squares and eat. They taste JUST LIKE REESES peanut butter cups!!! Yummy.
Great quilt. Great photos. As per usual.

Melanie said...

The brownies were super good. I love chocolate and peanut butter together. I wish I had a pan of my very own! ;-) (Although that might be VERY BAD for the bridesmaid dress.)