Monday, March 20, 2017

Relief Society

I'm a few days late with this post but I wanted to say that the Relief Society (the women's organization in the LDS church) was 175 years old yesterday and I'm proud to be a member! This photo was taken on one of the best days of my whole life--six women (plus tall Ben in the back) drove 4 hours to Queens to do clean up after hurricane Sandy. We worked hard cleaning out a garage and basement for one family and helped demolish a woman's kitchen (that's her daughter in the front) that had been rebuilt after the last hurricane. I'll never forget a Judy Pate ripping up hardwood flooring like a boss. It was such a memorable day and we were all proud to wear the Helping Hands vests and represent the Relief Society and Mormon Church. #iammormon #helpinghands #reliefsociety

No comments: