Friday, December 16, 2011

T EE XX T III NN G


I'm a very slow texter.

Last Sunday before a church meeting I noticed a cell phone on the windowsill. I put it in my purse and after the meeting tried to figure out who it belonged to (hey, not everybody at church is honest). I slid the top of the phone up and to my surprise, there was a little keyboard. I scrolled through the contacts list, found someone I knew, and texted them that I had found this phone and didn't know who it belonged to and gave them my cell phone number. I got a text back letting me know who the phone belonged to and I called to tell them I had it. End of story.

Not really. I liked texting with a keyboard (welcome to the new century, Ellen!) and decided it was time to upgrade my lame phone. So I did. I got a fancy phone for free and only had to pay the taxes on it. It arrived Thursday (Christmas!) and I love it.

I'm sure I'll be texting like a teen in no time.

2 comments:

balmforth.family said...

It's sooo nice! I just got my phone like that a few months ago and I'm not sure how I survived without it. :-)

Mandy said...

Michael just got the new iPhone 4s, and now he can dictate all his texts. I think that is just silly. If you are going to talk to someone, you should call them.