Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Christmas story

Seven Christmases ago my friend Becky, a young mother of five, was in the hospital.  She had suffered through a few gallbladder attacks and the plan was to have her gallbladder removed the day after Christmas.  I remember talking to her a few days before the holiday and she asked what I was going to be doing on Christmas.  I said, "If you are in the hospital on Christmas, I want to visit you."  She was in the hospital on Christmas and I did visit her.  She was fasting in preparation for her surgery the next day but we talked a lot about food.  We decided that day that when she felt better we were going to Chili's to get their Awesome Blossom appetizer.  Well, we never did.  I saw Becky a few weeks ago and we were reminiscing about that Christmas day she was in the hospital and realized we never went to Chili's and we made a plan that we would go this week.  We went today and to our shock and disbelief, the Awesome Blossom is no longer on the Chili's menu.  Apparently it won "worst appetizer in America" because of its unusually high totals of calorie and fat.  Awesome Blossom or not, we had a fun time at Chili's today (and my meal came with onion strings).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Outback still has it and its delicious!