Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Ride story #3









About ten years ago the aforementioned Brian and I weren't on very friendly terms (he's an old boyfriend from a long time ago) and I knew it would be uncomfortable to see him at the Ride. So a few weeks before, I went to his place of employment (the fire station), rang the bell, and when he opened the downstairs door I told him that I didn't want him to do the bike ride (I guess I temporarily forgot that it's a free country). There was some uncomfortableness and then Brian quietly said, "Robes was my friend too and I want to Ride in his memory." What could I say to that?

Brian has done every Ride since 1998 and is a good friend to Robes' kids and our family. He helps transport bikes and is a true team member (proof of that in upcoming Ride story #4). That's him wearing a red shirt on the far left in the Boston Brain Tumor Ride website banner this year.

Thank you, Brian, for always being part of PATTON'S ARMY.

1 comment:

Swoopref said...

I always enjoy the pre-race prayer for Robes.