Thursday, January 04, 2007

craigslist is AWESOME!

Have you heard of craigslist.org? It's awesome! You can buy stuff. You can sell stuff. You can barter for stuff.

Recently I went to help a friend pack for an out-of-state move. When I got to her house she was done packing for the night and started offering me things that she was going to throw away. My first thought was "I don't want that crap".....and then I remembered craigslist! My reply was, "Sure, I'll take anything" and then I started seeing dollar signs!












She gave me these three beautiful pillows. I put them on craiglist last night for $10.00. This morning I got this email: SOLD! I'll BUY your 3 Red-Gold Pillows, and will bring CASH. I have two similar already, and this will make a wonderful set for my couch! As my signature mentions, I am one of the reliable ones. I have NEVER missed a Craigslist appointment, buying or selling. Please phone me. I've been looking for this for months, it's perfect for me. Appreciate your putting good pics on CL so I could see it so well. Can't wait to hear from you! He also wrote: You can call me as late or as early as you like, I am NEVER grouchy on the phone. I'll file that last part under Too Much Information.

Mr. Never Grouchy is coming over Saturday morning to pick-up his pillows and give me a ten dollar bill which will go in an envelope that says "Canon PowerShot A630" on it and I will be on my way to saving money for a small digital camera.

Awesome!

2 comments:

Swoopref said...

Ever hear of the "unibomber"? Make sure your neighborly neighbors are with you when you have Mr. Never Grouchy drop in. (Probably never grouchy because he's packing heat.)

(Don`t provoke him if he pays in coins.)

Kal said...

I second swoopref's motion - don't be alone when the guy comes by...