Thursday, February 01, 2018

TBT: the sweet little Patton kids

I’ve shared this photo before but not this story. One day my mom was fed up with us (I’m sure it happened more than one day but I remember this particular day). Guaranteed there was much misbehaving and mouthing off and Nan must have been at the end of her rope. I remember my dad driving up from work and Nan walking out the front door, grabbing the keys and saying “I’ve had it Bob; I’m leaving.” I seriously thought she was never returning. Thankfully she did return after a few hours. I have no recollection if we acted better after that but I hope we did. Having four kids just shy of 7 years (and the first three in 2 1/2 years) must have been exhausting. Nan was a fantastic mom who spent her life dedicated to her kids. #pattonmemories

No comments: