Tuesday, July 28, 2015

My Parker painting

A few years ago my friend Amy asked if her son Parker could paint one of my photographs.  I was flattered that he asked and he chose a covered bridge photograph that I took in Vermont.  When she asked again he painted some mailboxes that I photographed in Maine.  He's a really good artist!

I'm in the process of making an "art collage" for my living room wall (I finally got tired of the Wayne Thiebaud print "Four Cakes" that's been on my wall for decades -- I've already given it away!).  I have about a dozen things I'm getting ready to frame and make into a collage.  I asked Amy if I could pay Parker to paint one of my photos and he was excited to do it!  I sent him the above photo I took at Sankaty Light on Nantucket.  I have only been to Nantucket once; with a group of friends.  The one thing I wanted to see on Nantucket was see the red/white striped lighthouse.  So after lunch (one of the best lobster rolls I've ever had!) we took a cab out to the lighthouse, walked around, took photos, and then walked back to a bus stop and took a bus back to the town.  I love this lighthouse!  And I'm thrilled to have my Parker Duke original painting! 

1 comment:

Wendster said...

Wow! Excellent artistic interpretation! I love the movement in the brush strokes. He really did a great job. No doubt you will love looking at that picture every time you look at it.