Monday, June 29, 2015

"My mechanic"

I've been going to these mechanics (Steve and Lou) for years.  I heard about six weeks ago that Steve was a hospice patient.  I've been meaning to call to schedule my car to be serviced and had been checking to see if there was an obituary for Steve before calling so I wouldn't say anything dumb.  I finally called last week and Lou answered and I asked if I could get my car serviced.  He said it wasn't a good time; that Steve had passed away that day.  Oy!  I felt so terrible.  I went by the next morning with a card and a hug for Lou.  I told him that Steve was probably driving the coolest car around heaven.  He told me that Steve hired him 40 years ago.  So for him it's a loss of a business partner and dear friend.  Steve's funeral was today.  I noticed the flowers when I drove by tonight and went back to take a photo.  #nophotographicregrets #greypatti #oldcarguys

No comments: