Saturday, June 27, 2015

Food in NYC

I definitely had better luck with meals this time in NYC than in the past (I always vow I'm not going to eat at a chain and then I'm starving and not near a restaurant I had researched and end up eating somewhere dumb).  Lunch at The City Bakery (pizza and mac & cheese) was delicious.  I guess "dinner" was that yummy milk chocolate/banana/marshmallow crepe at Crepes on Columbus (recommended by my friend Cristi who lives in NYC).  It took forever to get our food and the mystery person got their food way before us but the crepes were worth the wait.  Christie posted donut photos on instagram so I had to check Dough.  Whoa.  Their donuts made by hand were amazing.  At the end of the day we made a mad dash for Absolute Bagels and they said they were closed and would have bagels in 15 minutes.  I we had waited we would have missed our bus so sadly we left empty handed.



No comments: