Sunday, August 11, 2013

Crumbs

We have 16 new families that have moved into our ward this summer.  They are all awesome and I invited all of them to a fruit/dessert party tonight.  After I hit "send" on my email, I counted and it was 55 people.  Oops!  My condo is pretty good sized but not really big enough for that many people (though most of them are kids).  So 10 families showed up with a total of 38 people (and 20 of them were kids)!  It was loud and crazy and fun!!!  The crumbs are what is left of some layered cookies from the Lion House Recipes -- they were a big hit.

Layered Cookies
1 cube butter
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 cup coconut
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup chopped nuts (I don't put nuts in them)
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Melt butter in a 9x13 inch pan.  Sprinkle over the butter, in layers, the remaining ingredients.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Cut away from sides of pan when you take from oven.  Cut in squares while still warm.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I wish I was one of those families.
1. I'd get to be in the Arlington Ward again

and
2. I'd have the chance to come and eat some your tasty goodies!

Unknown said...

almost stopped by on my way home from Boston yesterday, and then I remembered your 55 condo guests... glad it went well!

Rachel said...

Seriously you are awesome, for the love that is a party :)