Saturday, June 01, 2013

Bristol, RI antiques



I love antiquing.  That is obvious to anyone that reads my blog, knows me, or has been to my condo.  Elaine and I went in a few antique shops in Bristol.  I didn't buy any of these things.  I have a nice collection of aprons and have even bought a few of them to use as patterns (sewing aprons is also on that long list of "things to do").  I have 12 or 13 typewriters in my collection and this one was $45 so I passed on getting it though it was pretty cool.  I was obsessed with these green industrial chairs.  They are very lightweight and interesting.  I was trying to figure out where they would have been from (the lady only said that she thought the owner bought them at the Brimfield Fair).  Guess how much they were?  You'll never guess: $135 each!  Yikes!!  One of the stores had this very cool vintage olive green dial wall phone.  I wanted to get it but it was $85.  It was really really cool.  I told the owner I'd buy it if it was fifty bucks but she said no.

No comments: