Thursday, March 28, 2013

Relief Society birthday dinner and auction








Tonight was our annual Relief Society birthday dinner and a service auction.  It was a lot of fun and the food was great.  And as usual, the decorations were perfect.  There is a missionary couple in our ward who are potato farmers from Washington and they donated the potatoes!  We each filled out a questionnaire and got 10 points for each question.  After bidding on a few items (I scored 2 hours of house cleaning, a floral arrangements, and some crocheted flowers) someone asked how I had so many points and then someone else said, "she must have showered before noon today!" (that was one of the questions).  Someone mentioned to me that their mom's ward did a service auction and it didn't go so well; there were lots of hurt feelings.  Hurt feelings?  Ours was a blast and everyone seemed to be having a great time.  I love celebrating the birthday of the Relief Society and being a part of this wonderful organization.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday RS!

Sarah said...

You are the best RSP. I loved the Lynnfield Ward, but wish I could have lived in the Arlington Ward as well. I miss you!!

LL said...

There's no such thing as hurt feelings in RS!
Right?!