Wednesday, January 30, 2013

About that new macintosh candle...

So as soon as I hit the PUBLISH button on the Westborough Wicks post this morning, I remembered that I lit my new macintosh candle last night and never blew it out!!!  I started to panic and frantically (via phone, email, text) tried to reach my two friends that have keys to my condo--with NO luck.  I knew deep down that the candle wasn't still burning because I couldn't remember smelling it last night or this morning BUT I also knew that I didn't blow it out.  So I left work and drove home and of course, found the candle on the table--not burning.

Today I made myself this sign for my front door.  I've put a sign on the front door before reminding me to turn off the stove (after leaving chili cooking while I drove to MAINE--I was gone about 6 hours...that story will have to be a blog post someday) but after today's incident I knew it was time for another reminder.

I'm just keeping it real by blogging about this crap in my life.  And for all you young folks out there, this too will be your life someday.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

ha! this is already my life. i left candles burning a few days ago. and the gas on (well, we think i bumped it on). anyway. if i'm already like this, i can't wait to find out what i'm like when i'm older.... ;)

Alicia said...

Reminds me of the time you left the movie theater in the MIDDLE of the movie;)

Linn said...

Oh man, I can so sadly relate to this post. I need a brain transplant some days. And it is only getting worse with each birthday.

LL said...

YEP!
Taking one for the team...the Muzzy High Team.

Jodi said...

this is also already my life, thanks to mom brain probably. Most of the time I manage, and then I hit these phases where I am forgetting stuff ALL THE TIME.