Monday, December 24, 2012

When in Philly, eat a cheesesteak

I asked my friend Parker, who is from Philly, where to get a good cheesesteak.  These were his instructions:

The place is known as Pat's. officially it's "Pat's King of Steaks" but everyone just refers to it as Pat's. It's in South Philly at the intersection of Passyunk and 9th. It is the more understated joint across from the inferior and flashier Geno's.

There are lots of options in the menu, but I strongly suggest going with both a personal and local favorite: "wizwit." For the uninitiated, this means a cheesesteak with cheez wiz and onions on it. I know that sounds...odd...but trust me, it's divine. The fries are also quite good, but if you plan on avoiding triple bypass surgery before your next birthday you may just want to stick with the steak (limiting yourself to a double bypass).

All kidding aside, you will definitely enjoy the legit Philly Cheesesteak. Let us know how you like it!




I LIKED IT!!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Shout out for Philly! Glad you liked it and your trip sounds awesome so far :)