Sunday, May 08, 2011

Musings on Mother's Day













I asked my mom what she wanted for Mother's Day one year. She said, "Make your bed every day". I was hoping she wanted something I could buy at the mall.



One of my brothers spray painted "MOM" on the wall by our garage (probably during half time of one of their driveway basketball games). I can't think of a nicer tribute.

Click here to read last year's Mother's Day guest post on my friend's blog.

Note: I wish we had more candid shots with all four of us together. This one is missing Robert (he probably took the picture).

5 comments:

LL said...

I would love to meet your mom--from the stories you've shared, she sounds like the neatest lady!
She must be!!!

sarah said...

this was one of my most favorite posts- hilarious! you look just like your mom!

anna said...

one year for my birthday I told Clarke that all I wanted was a day off - a day where he would take care of the kids, do the dishes, make dinner, etc. His response: "well, that is pretty hard. is there anything I can just buy?" :)

did you make your bed all that year?

your mom sounds really great and I am sure she is just as funny as you!

happy mother's day, ellen, to someone who mothers hundreds of people everyday. I can only handle 3 and Heavenly Father knew you could handle much more than most.

Unknown said...

I think mustard color kerchiefs should come back.

Sweeney Household said...

I LOVE this photo!!!!!

Now I have a new idea for what to "ask for" for mother's day. Making beds would be the ideal gift!